Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Students perform in ‘Shrek’

Photo by Lauren Debes
Photo by Lauren Debes

Senior Jessica Curtiss and junior Nick Wynn performed in Music Theatre for Young People’s production of Shrek the Musical.

Both received lead roles. Curtiss played human Fiona and Wynn played Shrek.

“It was really fun, we gave it all we had,” Curtiss said.

Curtiss and Wynn agreed that working with the Wichita Theatre is different than putting on a play at Maize. With the Wichita Theatre the casts are bigger and the costumes and sets are made by professionals.

“It’s really different. You get to make all new friends and have a totally new experience,” Wynn said.

Curtiss also added that the play was difficult to organize due to the cast consisting of over 70 people.

“I would have liked to have done the play with the people at Maize and other high schoolers,” Curtiss said.

Curtiss became involved with the organization through her friends during her sophomore year and Wynn was brought into the program by his sister.

Curtiss and Wynn have been in the program the same amount of time and said that it has been a very new and fun experience.