Cat lady comes to life

cat edit

If you would have asked for my opinion on cats a year ago, my opinion would have been this:

I hate cats. They freak me out.

That was before Lola came into my life.

About three months ago this little kitten came into my life.

She was found by a friend in an abandoned shed with no mommy to care for her. As soon as I heard about her, I knew I wanted to be her mommy.

She has created this new life for me. With that life I have gotten a new nickname, “The Cat Lady.” When I’m out shopping I’m always on the look for shirts with cats on them: I don’t care what it looks like as long as it has a cat on it. My favorite cat shirt I own has a picture of two cats that says “kisses not hisses.” My collection also includes phone cases and pillows.

On the outside, Lola is a teeny, adorable fur ball. But in reality she is a teeny, adorable devil.

Once she started climbing the stairs she found it was funny to hide on them and pounce as you walked down. She also has this habit of hiding under my bed skirt and clawing your feet as you walk by.

Every morning while I get ready, she jumps into the open drawer then hops onto the counter. She sits there patiently while I wash my face and brush my teeth. When I finish, she jumps down and follows me into my room.

I can now understand why the egyptians worshiped cats. They are very demanding and controlling. But they do know how to win you over with their little whiskers.

When they fall asleep in your arms, you can’t do anything except smile.

Lola came into my life and turned it upside down. But I couldn’t be happier, she is my baby and my mini me.