School spirit fuels long-time Maize announcer
Hailey Blurton, Ava Doyle, Areyonna Hoover, and Emma WilksApril 18, 2024

In showcasing school spirit, attending social events and rallying support for peers are key components. Media instructor Dan Loving exemplifies this by lending his voice to...

Future Ink

file00031819770

What do you think when you see a person with tattoos and piercings all up and down their body? You’d walk on the other side of the street, right? People perceive people with multiple tattoos and piercings as troublemakers.

One night when I was Youtube video hopping, I came across a video of people getting cool tattoos and ever since I have wanted them all over my body.

There’s only two problems, parents and money. It seems like every day is filled with begging and arguing about different opinions of the matter. ‘You better wait until you’re old enough to sign those papers yourself,’ ‘you better start saving up now,’ and ‘with your low pain tolerance, there’s no way you could handle it,’  are things I hear quite often. I already have multiple picked out and have already began saving up the money for these pieces of artwork.

My parents have always had a problem with piercings, other than on your ear, and permanent things on your body. Along with tattoos, a nose piercing and belly button piercing are on my list of things to persuade my parents into letting me get. I tell myself every day that being nice to my sisters and cleaning the house would most likely get me further on my list, but it always seems to somehow fail.

I do not find tattoos and piercings trashy like many people do; I see them as artwork and being able to decorate your body how you would like. I know quite a few people who have tattoos for meaningful reasons. It’s expressing yourself and showing people who you are. People make it way too big of a deal. Having a sparkly diamond hanging from your belly button or birds on your shoulder is not trashy, it’s being creative with your body.

Hopefully someday you see me with tattoos and piercings up and down my body.