Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Seriously getting my dreams crushed

photo1 (2) edit

So here’s the thing. I’ve never really been the kind of person to come up with great ideas. I have very little or maybe even zero common sense. Literally 80 percent of the things I come up with are completely idiotic. Now that you know that fact about me, it’s story time.

During football season, Dagny Castelli would give me a ride home from almost every game. So one night when we were walking out to the parking lot, I noticed her car window was down. Then I knew it was my chance. You see, I had always had this dream of climbing into a car through the window. Why did I have I have this dream? Who knows? Maybe it’s because of the cool spy movies where the guy just casually gets in without opening the door, looking like it was the easiest task in the history of ever, or maybe it’s just because I’m not the brightest Crayon in the box. But either way I had this dream, and it was my chance to fulfill it.

Without saying a word, I calmly walked to the passenger door and Dagny to her spot on the driver’s side. She got in and buckled up. Then it’s my turn. I lifted my right leg up, stuck it through the window and into the seat. Then I start to lift my body into the car. However, Dagny still hadn’t taken note of the fact that I’m climbing in her car window and started to roll it up.

Now please think about what position I would have been in. I would describe it to you, but that might make things a little bit awkward, so just picture in your head where the window of the car would be crushing my body.

I let out a scream and shouted, “Oh my God, Dagny stop!” She looked over at me and started cracking up. I’m sure my face of terror was beautiful, but at this point I didn’t care what I looked like. I just wanted the car window out from between my legs. She started to roll it back down, and I climbed into the seat as quickly as possible.

I looked over at Dagny and said, “What the heck were you thinking?” She didn’t say anything. She just stared at me, laughing hysterically in my face.

Moral of the story: If you’re going to follow your dreams, make sure they aren’t stupid ones.