Paris trip over spring break scheduled to continue

The attacks on Paris haven’t changed Maize students plans to go to France over spring break, despite the recent attack. On Nov. 13 2015 Paris was attacked, leaving more than 128 people killed and about 350 people injured, Independent News reported.

“It was unreal. It was devastating, and it was just kind of hard to take all of that in,” senior Bethany Rich said.

There are many students that will be taking a trip to Paris, France over spring break in March. The trip is not canceled and won’t be canceled unless the tour guides decide otherwise.

“[Sandy] Nitcher said we were going no matter what,” junior Chris White said. “Of course, if it still gets worse, the tour company is going to cut it off, but as of now we are going no matter what, which is pretty crazy.” 

This attack did not have much of an effect on the students that would be going on the trip, but the parents had some concerns.

“There is the unknown of what will happen, so you shouldn’t let that stop you from going out and exploring and keeping you in a box,” Rich said.

The trip has already been paid for by most of the students.

“My mom was a little paranoid  just because we are going in  four months,” White said. “A lot can happen in four months It could get better or worse. But since I’m the one paying for the trip she couldn’t just be like ‘oh you can’t go.’”

photo from: Morguefile.com
photo from: Morguefile.com