South loses homecoming game

BY VINNY GONZALES & KOLBY DEHOFF

Homecoming was full of activities, and first off the royalty was nominated and selected before the varsity boys played on Feb. 6.

After the nominees were selected Central and South played a close game for the first half, then once the third quarter came Central started taking over. There were a lot of controversial  calls third quarter, the free throw count at the end of the game was 38-22 Central. Central ended up pushing the lead while making their free throws.

“We had to foul them at the end to stay in the game they just knocked their free throws down so there was nothing for us that we could do,” Trey Reid, 10, said.   

The nominees for 2018 homecoming royalty , Andrew Bliss, Ethan Hartig, Luke Jennings, Jack Jewett, Kinsey Emery, Skylar Georing, Madalyn Rodell, Chloe Woolbright the junior candidates. The seniors candidates were Blake Bontrager, Cade Koster, Jonathan Pennington, Arman Rahim, Olivia Blanford, Kennedy Dunlavy, Davina Nguyen, Madison Zorn. The Homecoming winners were announced before the boys varsity basketball game. The prince and princess were Jewett and Rodell, while the king and queen were Bontrager and Dunlavy.

“Hearing my name when they announced winners was a content feeling, I wasn’t at all pretentious about winning,” Jewett, said.