Mullen transforms white wall into work of art

Madi DeVore and Lizzie Bell

20160115_MadiDeVore_0002_edit
Sophomore Maddie Mullen stands next to the sketch of the mural she and two other students will be painting sometime next week. Photo by Madi DeVore

When walking through the halls, paintings of people, places and things have come to cover the white walls over the years.

Sophomore Maddie Mullen is going to add a new painting in the F hallway this year. The painting will be of a mural representing Shakespeare.

Mullen said it will be around the size of  36 by 50 inches.

“It’s going to be Shakespeare and it might have one or more Shakespeare quotes to …  honor Bard’s Birthday Bash,” Mullen said.

Bard’s Birthday Bash, was an event held for the first time last year honoring Shakespeare’s birthday. Mullen plans to get quotes from english teacher Christine Borrego’s Advanced Placement Literature students.

“They [Borrego’s students] may have some favorite Shakespeare quotes that they want to see in the school,” Mullen said.

As for now Mullen is painting the mural by herself. But there is a chance that she could be joined by two other students within her art class.

Mullen will start painting the Shakespeare mural next week and she said it will probably take a few weeks to finish.

“I’m excited about the mural,” Borrego said. “I like the art stuff we have around here.”