Despite all the good uses AI could be put to, it can cause harm for artists who have their work stolen and copied by others. Many people will also claim that they are professional artists even though they do not actually use their own skills to create an artwork, instead having an algorithm do the work for them.
AI harms artists, steals their work
May 1, 2024

AI harms artists, steals their work
May 1, 2024

Senior of the Day, Feb. 12

Nick Wynn Dude_0060
Nick Wynn critiques a performance by novices during Forensics.

The senior of the day is Nick Wynn. Wynn is heavily involved in the theater and performance arts department at Maize High.

Q:What do you like about Maize High?

A: “Well I mean it’s a pretty good school, it’s close to my house and everyone here is very nice and they don’t seem to be overly mean. It’s a good community.”

Q:Where are you going to college?

A:  “Either WSU or Newman University, because they have a good theater program and I like to do theater, and I want to do it in college.”

Q:What will you major in?

A: “I was thinking theater, education so I guess I could major in education along with theater.”

Q:How does this affect your future career?

A: “Well I mean you can’t be a teacher without going to college for it, but it will help me work, at least theater wise on my tricks on being an actor and I can improve.”

Q:If you could change anything about Maize what would it be?

A: “I would like a little more vertical with the school, I don’t like how spread out it is. I kind of want levels.”

Q:What was the most fun thing you have done at Maize?

A: “One of the best times I had in high school was Battle of the Bands. It was me and my band and we played ‘Wagon Wheel.’”

Q:How long have you been at Maize?

A: “I’ve been here 13 years.”

Q:What is the favorite play that you have performed in?

A: “‘How to Succeed [in Business Without Really Trying.’ I was Bigley, the boss of the company, in the musical.”

Q:What are your theater goals?

A: “To go out well, go to college, learn to become a teacher and a better performer and all of the fundamentals of being a performer on the stage and then go out to the West Coast and see if I could do acting there. Hopefully my dream would be to be on a TV show.”