Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Athlete of the week Feb. 2-6

Senior Daley Handy fights for the ball against Valley Center.

Since she was six years old, basketball has been a part of senior Daley Handy’s life. Her parents, Jerrod Handy and Dana Handy both have been coaching her since the beginning.

“They just decided to put me in it and then I loved it so much that I kept playing,” Handy said.

After many years of being coached by her parents, Handy will continue her basketball career in college.

“I’m going to college to play basketball at University of Wyoming and then after that, who knows. We will see. I don’t have any set plans on going to the NBA or anything like that,” Handy said.

Handy is always thinking about ways to improve her game.

“I run through the whole game in my mind when I go to sleep, so I would just say everything. The good plays, the bad plays, I run through everything,” Handy said.

Her work ethic and dedication shines on and off the court. The Lady Eagles chemistry between one another is a big part of their undefeated season.

“I try to work hard all the time; In practice and in the games no matter what. I’m trying to be a leader on and off the court and by leading. I want to work hard and lead by example so I’m gonna work as best I can,” she said.

The team will be in action again 6 p.m. Feb. 6 at home against Hutchinson.