Athlete of the week Jan. 26-30

Junior Jaden Light receives her seventh place medal at the Great Plains Invitational Jan. 23.

Junior Jaden Light has been bowling since her freshman year. Since then she has made a huge impact on the young team that they have today.

Light says that her family were the ones who got her into bowling and that it is something she wishes to do in college. Although she bowls year round with a league team, Light says that scouts mostly focus on high school season.

“College scouts look at high school bowlers,” Light said.

As this years season continues, Light has progressed into one of the top bowlers on the team.

Jan. 23 Light took 7th place out of 144 people in the Great Plains invitational.

“My biggest competition that weekend was myself. Bowling is such a mental sport,” she said. “Although I didn’t do as well as I wanted, it was still a great learning experience.”

Light’s goal for the end of the season is to be one of the top bowlers in the state with a placing of either 5th place or better at the state bowling meet.

The team will bowl again at 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 5 at Derby Bowl.