School spirit fuels long-time Maize announcer
Hailey Blurton, Ava Doyle, Areyonna Hoover, and Emma WilksApril 18, 2024

In showcasing school spirit, attending social events and rallying support for peers are key components. Media instructor Dan Loving exemplifies this by lending his voice to...

Booster Club to host tailgate

file0002112144087

Maize’s Booster Club will be hosting a tailgate that will begin at 4 p.m. on Oct. 31 in the Maize South Middle School parking lot.

The first 100 people to attend the tailgate will receive a free T-shirt and the first 1,000 will get a rally towel. Booster Club and all the sponsors will be providing free hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and baked goods for all students that bring their ID. The football backers will have Halloween treats for all the children throughout the tailgate. Any family or friends that are not students will get to eat for $2.

At the tailgate there will be a hamburger eating contest that is sponsored by Mooyah. There will be performances from the marching band, fly girls and the cheerleaders, as well as a community Trunk-Or-Treat where students can go car to car Trick-Or-Treating. Booster club also encourages that anybody attending should bring fun tailgate games.

“It’s the first year that Maize High and Maize South are playing each other. [Booster Club] wanted to make it fun for all the students,” bowling representative Elaine Esser said.