Former principal Linn of 259 helps out Maize High.
Former 259 principal Linn steps up to help out at Maize High
Malia TaylorApril 17, 2024

Dr. Chris Botts, Maize High School principal, has been making it a positive and safe place for over ten years. He loves working at Maize High and his favorite part is...

Sephora Kids
Sephora Kids
April 16, 2024
Malia TaylorApril 17, 2024

Sephora Kids
Sephora Kids
April 16, 2024

Cross country place at Southeastern Invitational

Boys cross country takes a first place win at the Southeast Invitational while the girls took second.

The boys varsity cross country team brought home a first place team win from the Southeast Invitational meet on Sept. 20. The boys team took first by nine points beating out Washburn Rural for the title.

Senior Cole Bosley placed third with a time of 16:54. Other top finishers include senior Max Berg in sixth with a time of 17:05 and junior Justin Noble in 15th with a time of 17:33.

The girls varsity team placed second out of 11 teams. Senior Deidra Walker ended with a time of 14:48, earning her a first place finish. Walker remains undefeated for the season. Senior Kate Utech sealed a second place victory with a time of 14:59.

The Eagles will compete in their next meet on Sept. 27 at Lawrence.