An Open Book

Take a page out of someone else’s book and check out the most popular genres this summer!

The image is an infographic with a quote on the left side of the image. The background contains bookshelves “That's a tricky question because my book club kids love to read, but if I'm looking at my students, a majority of them don't enjoy reading. Honestly, probably technology like TikTok gives them instant gratification, so they can focus on little short segments. Reading a book, sitting down for a long period of time, they probably struggle with.” Robyn Jaso Maize South Book Club Sponsor “It's more rewarding when you have a book and you finish and then you put that book on your bookshelf…rather than a massive Kindle collection” Sadie Burr Maize South Junior “I actually used to hate reading and my parents really wanted me to find something I would like, so I really started my love for reading when I read my brother's copy of “Harry Potter.” Lauren Welch Maize Junior “I think reading for me inspires a desire to travel. There are lots of places that I’ve read about and then I want to go there and I’ve been able to make trips happen. But also to experience virtually, so to speak, places I won’t get to see.” Sandra Nitcher Maize Book Club Sponsor