Despite all the good uses AI could be put to, it can cause harm for artists who have their work stolen and copied by others. Many people will also claim that they are professional artists even though they do not actually use their own skills to create an artwork, instead having an algorithm do the work for them.
AI harms artists, steals their work
May 1, 2024

AI harms artists, steals their work
May 1, 2024

Art in Action students paint stalls

Seniors Avery Woods, Sydney Travis and Madison Mckinnis have been working on painting the stall doors in the girl’s restroom and several trash cans around the school.

The students have been working on the paintings during class, En-Cor and after school for Art in Action.

“They’re painting pictures of iconic figures that everyone would recognize on the stalls,” fine arts teacher Terry Bussart said. “They’ve worked really hard. We all just thought the bathroom was kind of an eyesore.”

Because Art in Action is only a nine week class students will only be painting seven of the nine stalls.

Bussart originally planned on painting both the front and the back of the bathroom stall doors but a lack of money to buy paint is halting the plan.

“I’m trying to get some donations so we can get a little more paint so at least the doors will be painted,” Bussart said.

Donations can be made to Art in Action.

Art in Action students work on painting the stalls in the girl's bathroom.
Art in Action students work on painting the stalls in the girl’s bathroom.