Q&A with former Maize South basketball player Alexis Snodgrass

2019 graduate Alexis Snodgrass returns back to her alma mater to join Ben Hamilton’s coaching staff as the junior varsity coach for the 2020-2021 season.

Photo courtesy of Alexis Snodgrass

With teammates mobbing her on the sideline, Maize South player Lexi Snodgrass takes a moment to celebrate a late-game victory.

Sydney Endicott, Bullseye Photographer

Shooting a corner three-pointer off a pass, forward Lexi Snodgrass attempts to shoot over a Maize High defender.
Shooting a corner three-pointer off a pass, forward Lexi Snodgrass attempts to shoot over a Maize High defender. (Photo courtesy of Alexis Snodgrass)

Q: When did you know you wanted to play basketball, then become a coach?

A: ¨I first wanted to play basketball when I would go watch my older cousin play. As a
player, I always had a dream of being a coach one day!¨

Q: What made you want to come back and coach basketball for your own high school?

A: ¨Coach Hamilton reached out to me and asked if I would be interested – I was so excited! I loved
playing for the Lady Mavs program and the coaching staff. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be
apart of it again.¨

Q: How did basketball become a passion for you?

A: ¨Basketball became a passion for me in fifth grade when I played for the first time. I then went on to
play in middle school and on a club team. I loved the game and the people it brought into my life!¨

Q: Have you always wanted to play basketball?

A: ¨I started in fifth grade and loved it ever since!¨

Q: How have you managed being a mom and a new basketball coach?

A: I would not be able to coach if it wasn’t for my support system! My parents and boyfriend know howmuch the opportunity to coach meant to me and because of that, they help me out with my son so
much! I love being a mom and a coach!¨

Q: What was one of your biggest dreams when you were younger?

A: ¨One of my biggest dreams was to play college basketball. I got that opportunity, but God had other
plans for me!¨