Piper’s Pumpkin Popover Recipe

Between pumpkin season and a social media feed full of autumn aesthetics, now is the perfect time to get to the kitchen and bake some pumpkin popovers in five easy steps!

These+fresh+pumpkin+popovers+are+perfect+for+a+predinner+appetizer+or+to+munch+on+in+the+cold+mornings+while+watching+the+leaves+change.+

Piper

These fresh pumpkin popovers are perfect for a predinner appetizer or to munch on in the cold mornings while watching the leaves change.

Piper Pinnetti, Editor-In-Chief

Cool mornings, the seasonal treats at Starbucks back on the menu, and the sunflowers at their peak means that autumn is here. With everything going on outside, stay in and get rid of all of the built up stress with this fun fall treat.

Students are allowed to include baking and cooking as enrichment activities on the learning logs provided for virtual days to count as some of their school time for the day. There is a required 380 minutes to be logged, and this recipe takes at least an hour and can feed at least six depending on cupcake tin size.

Step 1: Set rimmed baking sheet (tin foil works fine) on the oven rack being used. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Take cupcake tin and generously butter the areas you’re using.

Here are the required ingredients needed to produce the Pumpkin Popovers. Graphic made with Canva by Piper Pinnetti.

Step 2: Next, combine your ingredients together in one big bowl: ½ tsp. salt, 1 ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 1 c. milk, 1 c. all-purpose-flour, 3 tbsp. melted butter, 3 lg. eggs. Mix with whisk or use blender until mixture is smooth.

Step 3: Fill the cups about halfway until batter is gone. Bake for 50 minutes, quickly take out and cut slits on top of popovers. Then put back in for 10 more minutes of cooking.

Step 4: Scoop popovers out of tin. If there’s a struggle, use a spoon to help. Make sure to dust a decent layer of confectioners’ sugar on top and enjoy!