Destiny and Cheez-It’s

Junior Ralph Corriveau spends a majority of his free time gaming online with his best friends..

Photo by Dave Corriveau

Junior Ralph Corriveau sits in his gaming chair while playing Apex Legends with his friends. Corriveau enjoys Cheeze-It’s and other salty snacks when he games.

Piper Pinnetti, Bullseye Editor-in-Chief

It is late at night, and Ralph Corriveau is plugging in his headset, turning on his PlayStation, and is ready to game for the evening.

When Maize  South junior Ralph Corriveau is not working at Chick-fil-A or at school, he is spending time with his online gaming friends and constantly leading his friends to victory through their televisions.

Corriveau started gaming when he was young at seven years old, and was introduced to the gaming world by his father. 

“When I was a kid, I would see my father gaming, and that was when I became interested in was when he would let me watch him play,” Corriveau said. 

The first game he played was Lego Star Wars Saga, soon after he began gaming.

“My dad technically helped me with some of the levels, I was eight when we beat it,” Corriveau said. “The first game I completed by myself was the first Destiny, I love that game.”  

By meeting various people in the gaming community, Corriveau would meet his friend online gaming buddy, Jordan, while playing the Destiny game when he was roughly 13-years-old. 

As he became older, Corriveau began playing games with friends he attended school with. Before he was a student at Maize South High, Corriveau lived in Deux Montagne, Quebec, during the eighth grade, his father accepted a job offer in aircraft and they moved to Wichita, Kansas.

While gaming, Ralph enjoys consuming his favorite foods while teaming with his buddies on the Playstation 4.

At the same time, the PlayStation 4 was released, Jordan bought it shortly after Corriveau did, and introduced him to his other gaming friends through their online network.

Corriveau slowly bonded with the group and gamed together for years afterwards, the group dispersed after social drama between the members began in the started in summer 2018.

He continued playing with roughly half of the original gaming group. The other half of the team went their separate ways.

“I miss them, and I look back at the memories a lot and laugh, but now I game with another group,” Corriveau said. 

Since day one, Jordan is still by his side in this new gaming group. They have played numerous video games together such as Rainbow Six Siege and Apex Legends. 

“I love gaming, it gives me the chance to hangout and talk with my friends while also being able to relax in the gaming room,” Corriveau said.