Parking Lot Angst
Julianne Tanksley, Designer/Reporter • May 20, 2024
The students have spoken! From broken rules and seatbelt counts to outrageous accounts of bad driving, reporter Julianne Tanksley investigates the causes of common annoyances, as well as exactly what the students would change about it. Follow along to see the solution to these driving don'ts!
Truth Or Fake News
May 19, 2024
Parking Lot Angst
Truth Or Fake News
May 19, 2024

Moving to the next level

The Lady Mavs soccer team after Madi Edwards’s signing. The next signings will be held Mar. 12 for Angela Radar and Mar. 14 for Kiley Angle, both will be attending Hutchinson Community College in the fall. Photo courtesy of Madi Edwards.

BY ABBEY WILKS

Soccer players, Madison Edwards and Haven Johannsen, both commit to furthering their academic and athletic career. Madison Edwards committed to Butler County Community College on Mar. 6, while Haven Johannsen committed to Pratt Community College on Mar. 9.

“I’ve been playing soccer since I was really young,” Haven Johannsen, 12, said. “Playing in college has always been a goal of mine.” 

The girls were very excited when they found the perfect place for them to further their education and soccer career.

“I wanted to go to this school because it is close,”Madison Edwards, 12, said. “I could say I wasn’t ready for the big jump of going to a big division one school so Butler was a great option for me.”

Despite already committing, they still are focused on the high school season ahead of them here at South.

“I think keeping the dedication and hard work throughout this last high school season is most important for me moving forward now,” Edwards, said.

Although the girls can’t wait to take their next step into the future, they know there will be some challenges they will have to face.

“I think moving away and the transition of being a student athlete in college will be the biggest challenge for me,” Johannsen, said.

The girls are ready to face these challenges head on and look forward for what the future has in store for them.

“I’m most excited to be playing with the girls there, the ones who are committing there, and working with the amazing coaching staff,” Edwards, said.  

030718 Madison Edwards Signing Edit AW