Bowling aims for state

Sarah+Hyatt%2C+12%2C+shot+for+a+strike.+The+bowling+team+competes+Mulvane+next+on+Friday%2C+Feb.+23.+
Sarah Hyatt, 12, shot for a strike. The bowling team competes Mulvane next on Friday, Feb. 23.

BY ERIN FORD JENNY VO & NADIA HERNANDEZ

South’s bowling team won first place in the AVCTL meet on Feb. 13 and they are headed to the regionals Feb. 23 to show off their skills. Student members of the team felt a sense of joy while bowling, which is part of the reason why they have joined.

“There is an adrenaline rush when you strike and when you put a couple of strikes together, the adrenaline picks up even more,” Mason Edwards, 10, said.

Many of the team members are overwhelmed with many different emotions. No matter what year they started bowling, the team will always make them feel like champions.

“If I am doing well, then I feel happy about it but if I’m not doing well, I’m obviously not happy about it because I know I can do better,” Hannah Hendricks, 12, said.

Many people who are on the bowling team this year, enjoy it because they have many friends to communicates with and it’s fun for them to be able to bowl with the people they know.

“My favorite thing about bowling is getting to hang out with my friends everyday at practice.” Claire Dingler, 9, said.

Many people on the bowling team, do not practice by themselves because they like to practice with their teammates, and that’s how they are able to have fun and win at the same time.

“I do not practice bowling by myself but if my friends are all going, I’ll go with them,” Dingler said.

Usually when people join the bowling team, they join because most of their friends are in there and they love to be able to see them everyday at practice after school.

“My favorite thing about bowling is the comradely and I really like my teammates this year and we have a lot of jokes and it makes the whole bowling experience a lot more fun,” Hendricks said.