Girls golf season update

Meredith Frahm

Senior Olivia Allen completes her stroke. Allen placed 11th place and the team placed second at the Maize South Invitational.

Isabelle Blasdel, Reporter

This season the girls golf has been doing great, and were ranked No 3. as a team in the Wichita area by The Wichita Eagle. Individually, senior Lexie Ridder was ranked No. 3, and senior Brooklyn Blasdel was No. 6.

Ridder has been playing golf since her freshman year and looks forward to what the rest of the season will hold.

“I’m looking forward to Regionals and State.” Ridder said.

Like with many other sports, school compounded with a busy athletic schedule makes it hard for many of the golfers to balance their work. Senior Olivia Allen also faces those problems.

“With the hybrid schedule, golf takes up most of the days,” Allen said. “So it’s hard to get homework done.” 

The golfers have many upcoming challenges they have to face such as regionals and state.

“Challenges I’m facing right now are our regionals,“ Ridder said. “Instead of four teams able to make it they are only allowing three teams to go to regionals.”

Due to a different type of school year and a different environment, new roles have had to be filled.

“Coming into this season I was supposed to be our 4th player for our team,” Allen said. “But then our 3rd player got hurt, and I had to step into the spot. I think I’ve done a good job of stepping up and filling that role.”

As there are with most sports, the good things out way the challenges.

“The best part about golf is all my teammates over freshman and sophomore year,” Ridder said. “I have made seem like forever friendships.” said Ridder.

The team has had many successes this season and is hopefully looking forward to winning some more.

“As a team we have been really successful so far,” Allen said. “We’ve had lots of girls step into new roles on the team and I think it’s made us super successful.”