Principals and teachers crack down on En-Cor passes

Principals and teachers started to put a greater emphasis on En-Cor passes within the past weeks.

“To help keep our school safe and orderly we have really started to crack down on  En-Cor rules and policies,” assistant principal Julie Cannizzo said.

Students are required to stay in classes once they reach their destination.

“We are being more diligent in enforcing it and having our teachers help us out with our policies that are in place,” Cannizzo said.

Enforcing stricter rules on En-Cor passes frustrates many students.

“It’s stupid. I’ve gone three years without having a pass and it wasn’t a problem,” senior Sydney McGinnis said.

Students don’t understand the recent change, since the process seemed to run smoothly in years past.

“A four hour detention for not getting pass is a little extreme for me. Why now? Why didn’t they enforce this earlier? I guess they know what they’re doing,” senior Whitney Lucas said.

A few students disregarding the rules results in restrictions for the entire student body. Students without an En-Cor pass will receive a four hour detention.