Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Former Maize student still No. 1 fan

Chris Leon

Two years ago Chris Leon graduated from Maize. Although a graduate, Leon has continued to be a large supporter of Maize and has become a widely known icon.

Leon is a special fan due to the fact that he has down syndrome.

Leon and his mother began attending sporting events his freshman year in 2005.

Game after game, Friday after Friday, students and fans could count on seeing Leon’s cheery smile in the stands.

Because of his dedication and passion for the team, Leon has been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity.

A chance to go Super Bowl XLVIII.

The NFL is giving fans a chance to go to the Superbowl and be featured on an NFL film through the ‘My Football Story’ contest.

To win this contest fans must upload stories of what role football plays in their lives. People can then view these stories and vote for which is their favorite.

The top ten stories will be selected to be featured in an NFL film, five of those chosen will attend the 2014 Super Bowl.

You can  go vote for Leon by clicking on the link. http://www.togetherwemakefootball.com/contest.html?s=52787d0a65000a614b0000f2&utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite