Students make plans for summer vacation

Many students are looking forward to hanging out by the pool during the hot summer.

Brooklyn Blasdel, Reporter

The end of school is fast approaching, and many students are looking ahead to the coming months of summer. With school in the past, many students will have time to do whatever they want and many just want to have as much fun as they can.

“My big plans are just to live this summer up,” junior Jordyn Elliott said. “After this summer, I will be getting super serious about my future, so this summer’s most definitely going to be one to remember.”

Although some students have their break all set out in front of them, other students just have a rough idea of some things they are looking forward to.

“My favorite things are time by the pool, getting tan, no school and traveling,” sophomore Abby Cannup said.

While summer may seem like a long time, some students are also already looking ahead to the coming school year.

“High school has flown by and I can’t believe I’m almost a junior already,” sophomore Josh Sprowls said. “I’m looking forward to it but also dreading it because I’ve heard that junior year is the hardest.”

With a new school year coming up, that also means a new freshmen class will be coming in. Many upperclassmen are excited to serve as mentors for the new crop of students.

“My advice to incoming freshman is to get involved with as much as you can,” Sprowls said. “The more you do in high school, the more fun it will be. I also advise to not slack off freshman year because it will come back to bite you later.”