History teacher to be assistant principal at Maize Middle

Ryann Redinger, Engagements Editor

Ryann Redinger
Roulhac has been teaching at Maize high for seven years. He will be the assistant principal at Maize middle next school year.

History teacher Kevin Roulhac will be leaving Maize High next year to be an assistant principal at Maize Middle. Roulhac applied for the position after it opened in February and interviewed the week before spring break.

Roulhac said he has always been interested in administrative leadership and has gotten his master degree in administration through Fort Hays State. Through the master program, Roulhac said he has gotten the opportunity to spend time shadowing and interning for school administration. He said he had to take a licensing test as well to complete the process.

“I’ve always wanted to help create a vision of what education should be,” Roulhac said. “I get a chance to connect with more students than just the students in my classroom.”

Roulhac said he what he will miss the most from Maize High is the relationships he has built with the other staff members. He also said he will miss the maturity of the high school atmosphere, though he is excited for the new opportunity at the middle school.

“[I am looking most forward to] connecting with more students, helping to support teachers in the classroom and being a little more plugged in with athletics and helping support coaches at the middle school level with new ideas and new energy,” Roulhac said.

Maize High principal Chris Botts said that he is happy for Roulhac and believes he will be an excellent leader at the middle school based off his excellent leadership at the high school.

“We’re going to miss him, but he’s going to help future Eagles be awesome,” Botts said. “He is a tremendous leader.”