Who has the Best Fries?

Piper Pinnetti, Reporter

Fries come in all shapes and sizes and come from many different restaurants, but which ones are the best? A poll was held for Maize South students for which fast-food restaurant they thought had the best fries. The options were McDonald’s, Chick-Fil-A, Freddies and Wendy’s, all of them being very popular in Wichita.

McDonald’s fries are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The golden fries are very salty and are rectangular. They are given to you in a recyclable red holder with the classic yellow M for McDonald’s on the front.

Chick-Fil-A’s fries are waffle style and have enough salt for the rest of your day but is the perfect ratio between potato and salt. These fries are not only different from other food establishments in shape but include some of the potato skin for the end pieces. They are cooked in canola oil and ready to serve fresh within minutes.

Freddies gives multiple different combinations for their fries. The original  fries, cheese fries and even chili cheese fries. Their original shoestring fries are seasoned with Freddy’s famous fry seasoning.

Lastly, Wendy’s serves hot and crispy fries in multiple sizes. The fries are cooked with potato skin as well as Chick-Fil-A’s. Instead of using the usual, they sprinkle salt on their fries with sea salt.

A total of 16 out of 35 Maize South students voted that Chick-Fil-A has the best fries. Maybe it is the waffle fries that gave them the advantage or maybe it is all the added salt with additional end pieces.