Free dental exams available April 10

Chasley Garcia, Reporter

Courtesy photo
GraceMed will be offering free dental clinics to students on April 10.

GraceMed, a non-profit, grace-based community health clinic, is partnering with Maize for the annual GraceMed Dental Clinic for the fifth year.

A portable dental office will be set up at Maize Complete High School on April 10. Extended Care Permit hygienists will be providing dental cleanings, fluoride varnish and sealants.

Students will have the opportunity to get oral health education and cleanings from dental hygienists, one on one. School transportation will be provided for high school and elementary students.

All students are eligible for the services; however, if the student already has a dental home or has seen a dentist within the past year, the student should not sign up for these services and continue to see their dentist for regular cleanings and exams, GraceMed said.

“It benefits us knowing that we helped someone find the care they need,” said Doreen Eyler, manager over dental outreach for GraceMed.

The clinic is aimed for families who need dental care with a limited income or need to find a dental home. Eyler said GraceMed provides compassionate, accessible, high-quality health care for residents in the communities that they serve.This partnership opens up opportunities for dental health that some students would not otherwise get.

They can have their teeth cleaned while in school from early childhood through high school,” Eyler said. “Advice and referrals can happen according to how they would pay for the next appointment.”

Click here to access the consent form.