Choir to hold fall show Friday, Saturday

Lily Robison, Reporter

Choir students will be performing their fall concert, Makin’ Magic, in the Maize auditorium Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm.

On Wednesday and Thursday, the choir showed some of the students of Maize elementary schools a small portion of the upcoming concert. Although those kids have already gotten a sneak peek of the concert, sophomore soloist Mitch Waggoner said there is still plenty to see.

“If people come to see the show this weekend, they will see several magic tricks, really incredible dancing and really cool set pieces,” Waggoner said.

The concert combines songs from Harry Potter, The Wizard of Oz, The Greatest Showman, and more into one magic-themed program. Doris Prater, the choir teacher, said there are different sections of the concert to attract a variety of audiences.

“There is a love section older audiences will enjoy, college kids will probably enjoy the hogwarts section and who doesn’t love disney,” Prater said. “There is something for every age.”

Hailey West, a junior who will be in the upcoming choir performance, said she is most excited for the show’s movie/musical-themed section.

“I am definitely most looking forward to our last section of the show ‘The Magic of Stage  and Screen,’” West said. “I just love this section because all of the songs are so diverse, but still mostly upbeat. It just makes me feel powerful and confident being on stage dancing my heart out to songs such as ‘Ease on Down the Road’ or acting out songs like ‘Harry Potter in 99 seconds.’”