New CTE building to be finished by second semester

Ryan Jones and Kylee Delmar

Ryan Jones
Maize Career Academy to go up as an add-on to Maize High School.

Construction to the Career and Technical Education building or Maize Career Academy will be finished are scheduled to be completed December 2017, in time for classes on January 4th. Many students will be attending classes at the new CTE building during the second semester. The CTE building will give students a new world of opportunities.

“Our students will learn and grow from experts and expand their understanding of varied career opportunities,” said Administrater Dr. Shelia Rathbun. “The courses are designed to give students real world, hands-on experience as they engage in profession-based learning.”

Rathbun said the CTE building was really needed in our district for many of the programs at Maize did not have enough space to maximize learning. Students will have hands-on training with equipment related to the profession they are studying along with experts to learn from.

“Students will learn and grow from experts and expand their understanding of varied career opportunities,” Rathbun said. “The courses are designed to give students real world, hands-on experience as they engage in profession-based learning.”

Some Programs coming to the CTE building will provide students with experience in the workplace. Students will be able to learn and grow from other people with experience in the field.

“Maize Career Academy will be assisting more and more students with shadow and intern experiences,” Shelia Rathbun said.

The new CTE addition to our school will house Health Science, Engineering, A/V Communication, Hospitality & Tourism, Law & Public Safety, Agriculture and Computer Science pathways. This will give students opportunities to learn and prepare for future careers and education.