Eagles send five wrestlers to state

On Saturday the Eagles hosted the 6A regional wrestling tournament. Five wrestlers earned their spots at the state tournament this weekend on Feb. 27-28.

“Regionals went pretty good for most of our teammates,” junior Alex Hydock said.

Hydock and fellow junior Brett Moon both took first in the tournament. Moon still remains undefeated and took third at state in the class 152 as a sophomore and second as a freshman in the 126 weight class. Hydock took 2nd in the 145 weight class as a sophomore.

“I’m thrilled for state,” Hydock said. “I hope to take first but there is going to be some tough competition.”

In order to prepare for the tournament, the Eagles are taking the week easy.

After the state tournament the 2014-2015 wrestling season will come to a close.

Junior Brett Moon attempts to pin his opponent from Wichita West.

“There’s been some good memories but it is going to be kind of nice to take break,” Hydock said.

Other wrestlers attending state include seniors Chad Gloudeman and Devon Baker and junior Cole Moses.