Athlete of the week, Jan. 12-16

Sophomore swimmer Ryan Kuhl is your first athlete of the week because of his outstanding performance at the
    Sophomore swimmer Ryan Kuhl is the first athlete of the week due to his outstanding performance at the El Dorado invitational.

Sophomore Ryan Kuhl continues his swim season taking second in the 200 IM and 100 backstroke last Saturday at El Dorado High School.

With the top swimmer, senior Chris Clemons, out for the season, Kuhl says the team has been pushed more.

“We all had to step up to fill up that gap,” he said.

He also said that coach Ted Gibson has been trying to get the team experienced by placing them in events they normally wouldn’t do. Kuhl regularly swims 200 IM, 100 backstroke and 100 breaststroke. However tomorrow he will swim the 200 and 100 free.

“I do what I have to do,” he said.

Kuhl believes his performance could be better in order to get to state in a good position. Even with the loss of Clemons, he has seen everyone shift positions.

“Next season is going to go well for me and the team,” he said.

The boys will swim at 9 a.m tomorrow at Southwestern College.