Girls golf win league for the third consecutive year on Tuesday

The girls golf team won league Tuesday, making that their third consecutive year of winning league.

Senior Taelyn Entriken lead the way taking second overall, as she lost in a playoff for first. The team had three other players in the top ten, senior Ashley Reiswig placed third, junior Brooke Johanson placed sixth and junior Brittani Casement in ninth.

“The season has gone very well up to this date,” coach Ben Harlow said.

The team has had a great season as they took first in three of their tournaments this year, including league.

Entriken, who broke a school record this year, thinks the team has done well.

“It’s been alright for me, but the team has done good,” Entriken said. “I mean I was good that day, but some days weren’t as good as that day.”

The team will be looking for the same success heading into regionals.

“We are hoping that the girls have a very good tournament at the regional,” Harlow said. “Last year they were regional champs.”

The girls are focusing on state and maybe even winning state.

“It’s anybody’s game at state,” Harlow said. “There’s about six teams that I feel have the opportunity to win state. Maize being one.”

The girls will be in playing at regionals Monday, Oct. 14 at Carey Park in Hutchinson.