School spirit fuels long-time Maize announcer
Hailey Blurton, Ava Doyle, Areyonna Hoover, and Emma WilksApril 18, 2024

In showcasing school spirit, attending social events and rallying support for peers are key components. Media instructor Dan Loving exemplifies this by lending his voice to...

Boys soccer are defeated by Hutchinson 3-2

The boys soccer team went against their league opponent Hutchinson Tuesday at home, after a scoreless draw against Andover.

The Eagles tried catch up to a 3-0 deficit from Hutchinson earlier in the game, but came up a goal short of a draw.

Hutchinson scored two goals during the first half setting the score to 2-0.

“Coach told us we need to pick up the intensity, constraint on the game, and be composed on defense,” Senior mid-fielder and captain Kevin Combs said.

After halftime, the Eagles came up with their heads  up high after Hutchinson scored a goal another goal in the second half making their score 3-0.

The Eagles began to rally after Hutchinson’s 3rd goal over the Eagles. Senior mid-fielder Caleb Wilcox scored during the second half, giving the boys a hope of redemption.

The rally wasn’t over as sophomore forward Conner Holmes scored late in the game to pull the Eagles one goal behind of Hutchinson.

As the game ended, the Eagles came up short to a tough loss against Hutchinson 3-2 to make their record three wins, five losses, and two draws of the season.

The Eagles look to rebound off the win as they play their league opponent Derby tonight at 6:30 pm at Derby.