Everybody has a story: Olivia Wagner

Wagner+has+two+shirts+displaying+different+Twitter+notifications+from+Seth+Rogen.+

Wagner has two shirts displaying different Twitter notifications from Seth Rogen.

Mandi Copp, Reporter

Everyone is guilty of having a crush on a certain celebrity. What’s interesting is just how serious different people are about these crushes. For sophomore Olivia Wagner, her affection towards one actor is nothing short of true love.

Wagner first fell for famous actor Seth Rogen last year when she saw Rogen’s parody music video of the song “Bound To” by Kanye West.

“I got very excited and I thought it was really funny,” Wagner said.

Since then, Wagner has fallen head-over-heels in love.

“[My love] has escalated very quickly,” Wagner said. “For my birthday I got a shrine of him.”

Wagner isn’t ashamed of her crush; in fact, she has many ways of vocalizing her affection for Rogen.

“I tweet him and I have the shrine,” Wagner said. “There’s candles [in the shrine], and I say he’s the ‘light of my life’, so I burn his candles. Then above a picture that says ‘dream’ I have his pictures because I dream of him … and I get shirts of him- his tweets to me and stuff.”

Wagner said that she was at a choir rehearsal when she received her first Twitter notification from Rogen.

“I started bawling and everyone thought, like, someone died or something, but [Seth] just favorited my tweet. I was really excited,” Wagner said.

Immediately after receiving that notification, Wagner created and bought a t-shirt with a picture of the Twitter notification on the front side. Since then, Wagner and Rogen have interacted multiple times via Twitter, and Wagner has purchased one more t-shirt. The second shirt has a picture of one of Rogen’s replies to a tweet of Wagner’s.

“I posted a picture of [the first shirt] on Twitter and he replied, ‘haha! Amazing.’ to it. I was freaking out about that,” Wagner said. Wagner plans on getting two more t-shirts that display the more recent notifications she has received from Rogen.

Wagner said that she gets very emotional when she sees a notification from Rogen. Wagner was also unable to contain her emotion when thinking about her dream date with Rogen.

“I would just, I would start crying,” Wagner said. “I would tell him how much he means to me … and I would probably just want to go get some food. We’d watch a movie- not one that he’s been in so it wasn’t too weird- and then we’d probably go on a romantic moonlit walk on the beach, and it would end with us just, like, watching the sunset… the next day… because the sun would already be set if it was a moonlit walk on the beach. We would spend like two whole days with each other.”