Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Derby hands Eagles first loss of season

On Friday the Eagles played one of their biggest games of the season. But it didn’t end as they had hoped.

The Derby Panthers defeated the Eagles 62-13.

Derby put 28 points on the board in the first quarter, leaving Maize the rest of the game to try to play catch-up.

Derby scored 49 points unanswered  until junior quarterback Connor Lungwitz (who had sixty two yards passing and two touchdowns) put the Eagles up on the board with a pass to Kendall Stewart, who had two touchdowns in the game, scoring the Eagles’ first points.

The Eagles came out with their head still up in the second half while Derby scored consistently throughout the night

Derby continued to rack up points to make it 55-6 in the third quarter, until Lungwitz hooked up another pass to Stewart to give the Eagles some points to the deficit.

The Eagles look to rebound from their loss when they face historic rival Goddard. The game is at 7:00 p.m. Friday at home.