Homecoming candidates announced: Hallie Bontrager and Noah Farney

Bailey Birkholz, Reporter

hallie and Noah
Seniors Hallie Bontrager and Noah Farney take a second from rehearsing their skit to talk about why they should be voted homecoming queen and king. All of the candidates will be preforming their skits tomorrow at the pep assembly. Photo by Nadia McLean.

Seniors Hallie Bontrager and Noah Farney are part of the running for the 2016 school year homecoming king and queen.

Farney’s twin brother Lucas was crowned homecoming king in the fall of 2015 and he plans on following in his brother’s footsteps.

“We [My brother and I] have a thing going on [called] Farneymania,” Farney said. “There’s going to be a big battle concluding in me fighting my brother and taking his crown and my running mate fighting her friend and taking her crown.”

Farney’s favorite food is sandwiches and he’s also a dog person because he’s allergic to cats.

He also believes that aliens do exist.

“It’s like picking a lesser of two evils either were all alone in this universe or somebody else is there and it’s terrifying to think that we’re all alone,” Farney said.

Bontrager is very involved into the school and tries to do as much as possible

“I play soccer. I’m in Kay Club, BPA (Business Professionals of America), FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and Red Rage. I used to be in newspaper if that counts,” Bontrager said.

After school Bontrager usually works or tries to hang out with friends

“I work a lot and when I’m not working I just like to hang out with my friends because we go out to eat,” said Bontrager.

Bontrager also said the person that inspires her the most is Beyonce because she’s a queen.

After high school she has a mind full of ideas to do.

“After I graduate I’m planning on going to college. I really want to study a semester abroad and just travel a lot,” Bontrager said.

One thing she would like the student body to know before they cast their votes is she just really enjoys being at Maize High school and this week has been really fun.