USD 266 employs new lanyard policy
April 24, 2024

Almost nobody likes them. A lot of people hate them. But, most have learned to live with them as they are here to stay. For all of USD 266, lanyards have become a part of...

Katherine Rice taking a picture of herself in the bathroom mirror.
The Hyperfem Wave
April 24, 2024
USD 266 employs new lanyard policy
April 24, 2024

The Hyperfem Wave
April 24, 2024

Maize falls to Maize South in final game of the season

Senior Grant Pfeifer cheers towards the student section after a successful play.

The Eagles finished their football season by traveling across town Friday night to face Maize South for the first time in school history, taking a heartbreaking 28-27 loss.

Maize South started off quick, intercepting the ball on the first play of the game and scoring 14 unanswered points.

However the Eagles fired back, scoring the next two touchdowns to tie the game at 14 going into halftime.

The game went back and forth, with both teams scoring touchdowns, to tie the game at 21 early in the fourth quarter.

The Mavericks answered back quickly though, scoring in less than three minutes to take the lead again 28-21.

But the Eagles were not done yet. Senior quarterback Connor Lungwitz powered the ball in to the endzone to score a touchdown with 23 seconds remaining. The Eagles however failed the two point conversion, losing the game by one point.

“We played well,”  head coach Gary Guzman said. “We just had a couple key mistakes that ended up costing us the game.”