Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Leah Brown, Jessica Schrum • April 24, 2024

After earning her degree in accounting, Jessica Schrum never thought she would be teaching birth control to high school students. But that is exactly what happened when...

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges
Jessica Schrum Embraces New Challenges

New School Store
April 24, 2024
MHS Mock Trial Team
April 24, 2024

Drama department puts on A Night of Comedy

IMG_8014 edit - Featured Image

The drama department will be putting on A Night of Comedy April 25th and 26th starting at 7:30 pm. It will include two one-act comedies followed by an improv comedy.

The first one-act comedy, Crushed, is directed by Kara Kolar.

“It’s about what not to do in a relationship,” Kolar said. “We have a stereotypical guy and girl and they are each approached by their own narrators who shows them different scenarios of how a relationship could go bad. It’s just a hilarious, cute, relatable play.”

The second one-act is directed by Ethan Gledhill and is titled The Absolute Most Cliched Elevator Play in the History of the Entire Universe.

“It’s about a girl who’s on an elevator with a bunch of super cliched characters and she’s a playwriting instructor. She realizes that she’s in a play and all these people are just various characters thrown in the elevator. The whole time they are trying to get out of the elevator by determining who the playwright is,” Kolar said.

The improv called Quirks! will be centered around various games.

Tickets are $3 for students and $4 for adults.