Homecoming candidates

Posters showing the homecoming candidates hang up around the school.

Do you know who you are voting for for homecoming king and queen? The following students have been nominated: Seniors Jordan Watkins and Hannah Wagner, Olivia Baalman and Aaron Shaw, Sage Chaffin and Sara Calvert, Alec Edmisten and Shelby Goss, and Tyler Marrero and Ashtyn Dalal.

“If I won homecoming queen I would be super surprised. I would probably walk around the rest of the school year in a daze because I’d be so shocked I won,” senior nominee Hannah Wagner said.

Most of the nominees aren’t really doing anything to promote people to vote for them.

“We are just going to be super nice to people and politely ask them to vote for us and hope they do,” senior nominee Tyler Marrero said.

Some nominees think promoting themselves is tacky and not a very good way to win.

“I think people should vote for me because they like me not because I ask them to,” Wagner said.

Senior Alec Edmisten said that he is just happy he got to be nominated.

“I am just honored to be nominated, it’s not a bunch about winning, I mean it would be awesome to win, but just getting nominated was excited,” Edmisten said.

Posters promoting the nominees hang around the school, make sure you vote!