Freshman Kari Brown enjoys traveling in her free time. Photo by Lily McClaren

Everybody has a story: Kari Brown

April 27, 2016

Editor’s note: This is a series of stories that will spotlight Maize students chosen at random. The idea comes from reporter Steve Hartman’s series formerly broadcast on CBS News.  

Numb legs, lump in your neck, squished between the seats of a car and many long hours to go, seems dreadful to those who don’t travel; however, for freshman Kari Brown those are a few of the thrills she finds in traveling.

“New Orleans [is my favorite place to travel], it’s just because I’ve been there a lot and it’s like party hardy,” Brown said.

Brown enjoys experiencing the world alongside her best friend freshman Alexis Creason. They have traveled to many places such as California and Arizona. Brown hopes to travel to Hawaii and the Netherlands. Aside from traveling, she also has a strong passion for all kinds of music.

“[People don’t know that] I listen to things other then rap,” Brown said.

She said taste in music ranges from Tame Impala to things like One Direction. Brown said she finds joy in writing music and spends her time working on rap pieces and freestyles.

Brown plans to go attend college, but still is not sure on what she wants to do for the rest of her life.

“I just know I want to live life to the fullest and not just get a career,” Brown said.

She doesn’t really care about money like most do, she chooses to focus on being happy about the decision she makes throughout her life.

“I just wanna be happy, it’s what I do,” Brown said.