Bard’s Birthday Bash

Alyssa Garrison, Reporter

Over the years, Maize High has found new and old ways to honor and incorporate the arts into everyday school life. One of the most popular examples of this is the annual Bard’s Birthday Bash, an event dedicated solely to poetry, art, and arguably one of the most famous bards in all of history: Shakespeare.

“Bard’s Birthday Bash was originated years ago,” English teacher Kevin Frye said.“For sure more than 10 years ago to commemorate Shakespeare’s birthday, but more than that it’s to involve the students in a less conventional academic setting and environment.”

The Birthday Bash will include a variety of different activities including performances, catapult building contests and tug of war. The London Market will also be making an appearance during extended EnCor this Tuesday in the staff parking lot by the library. It will include a large collection of booths selling an assortment of merchandise.

“In the past there’s been somewhere from fifty to one hundred booths,” Frye said.

Suzanne McKaig and Dan Loving are in charge of the market this year. Tickets to get in will be sold in the lunchroom for two dollars on Friday and Monday, or you can purchase them directly from Dan Loving in room D18.