Junior Grant Bugbee throws two thumbs up. He is a 2016 Prom Prince candidate. Photo by Lily McClaren

2016 prom prince candidates

April 6, 2016

The class of 2017 nominated five junior boys as Prom Prince candidates. Students will have the chance to vote for who they want to win out of the nominated. On prom night, votes will be counted and the winner will be announced.

Nikola Braynov

Nikola Braynov said he is very excited to have a chance at winning Prom Prince. Nikola is involved in Chem club, Scholars Bowl, National Honor Society and swimming.

“I am very open to new ideas and new people,” Braynov said. “I am a very accepting person in general.”

Braynov enjoys hanging out with his friends and listening to rock music. Braynov feels even though he is not as popular, he is very accepting and much more easy to relate with than the other candidates due to his bubbly personality.

Grant Bugbee

Grant Bugbee said he is honored to be nominated and to know that his peers believe he would make a good Prom Prince. Bugbee plays a role in basketball, Red Rage and National Honor Society, but also spends his time pushing himself to be a better basketball player while striving to reach his father’s expectations.

“My dad [inspires me the most]. He is a pretty good role model for me and sets a good example,” Bugbee said. “He has raised his expectations pretty high for me so I got to live up to it.”

After high school Bugbee wishes to study engineering and play basketball in college.

Chris White

Chris White said he is very happy to announce he was nominated as a Prom Prince. He is the first child of four to be nominated. White is involved in swimming, football, Future Christian Athletes [FCA], Future Farmers of America [FFA] and is a mentor for students at Maize South Middle School. Chris finds inspiration in all he does within his mother.

“I know it’s cliche to pick a parent as inspiration, but she’s a single parent and has raised four kids, and put all of them through college. It’s awesome,” White said.

White currently holds a job at Bricktown Brewery working the night shift, but when he is free he loves having backyard fires with his friends while they catch up on things.

Hunter LaMunyon

Hunter LaMunyon is very sports orientated and enjoys spending time playing, watching and even listening to all sports with his friends during his free time. He is also involved in football, baseball, Teens as Teachers, STUCO and National Honor Society. Hunter believes that the student body should cast their votes for candidate Chris White.

“Honestly I think it’s an easy vote,” LaMunyon said. “I’m just here to stand by and be his [Chris White’s] second man. I just think everybody gets their chance to shine and I just feel that this is Chris’s time to shine.”

In the future, Hunter hopes to play college baseball and attend law school.

Chandler Kelly

Chandler Kelley participates in of football, baseball, Red Rage and National Honor Society. His biggest fear in life is being hurt in a game and he spends most of his free time practicing to be the best he can be in football and baseball. Kelley has high hopes for playing college baseball, but has not set his heart on a college. He said he feels his peers should vote for him as Prom Prince because he’s a beast. He can find inspiration for anything he does in his dad who supports him through everything in life.